Dating While You're Young

     Many teenagers and young adults view dating in highschool as meaningless since you’re most likely not going to find your wife or husband when you’re 16 and will end up broken-hearted. I view highschool relationships as a learning point in your life; where you gain experience that will help you in future relationships. Dating while you’re young will help you realize what you want and don’t want in relationships, will show you boundaries and respect, and how to join your personal lives in with your romantic life. Although I believe teen relationships can potentially structure your future based on what you learn from it, it can also lead to heartbreak and despair but, with every heartbreak, comes knowledge. Once you have your first heartbreak you may think there is no point in continuing with relationships however, you gain so many mental and physical benefits such as higher oxytocin levels, less stress, and overall a happier life. I am so grateful for my past relationships. They have taught me and my partners so much. Even though they did not work out, it was a safe zone for us to learn to care and nurture one another, to become comfortable and trust another person other than our families, and gave us fundamentals for our future endeavors.  All in all, dating while you’re young will forever remain your choice. There are a lot of skeptical feelings around dating in your teens however, I do not think we should be afraid of it just because of what society claims it to be. 


Comments